Keeping your Aircon and Electric Fan clean will prevent expensive repairs and increase the reliability of your unit. Professional cleaning is highly recommended, especially for your Aircon units, but you can also follow these simple cleaning tips. Keep your units free from unwanted dirt and dust that’ll eventually affect the air quality in your room!
More Awesomeness Cleaning Tips:
👉 Tips on how to keep your Home Appliances clean and fresh
👉 How to clean and disinfect your gadgets according to Apple
- Know first if you can clean your filter. Consult your unit’s instruction manual to determine if filter cleaning is possible. If yes, pop the filter out or unclip it off the unit.
- If you have a handheld vacuum cleaner, you may use it to suck all the grit and dust out of the filter. Please use a proper attachment on your vacuum cleaner.
- Mix one part vinegar and one part water to deep wash the filter. Pour the mixture in a tub or a wide sink that can accommodate your filter. Use a soft toothbrush to remove accumulated dirt if needed.
- You may also use a water hose to wash your filter. Gently pray your hose on the filter. Avoid using a pressurized hose nozzle as it might cause damage to the filter.
- After washing, make sure the filter is dry before attaching it back to your unit.
- Detach the cage of the fan and remove the blade and other removable parts.
- Soak the cage, blade, and other removable parts in a mixture of mild liquid soap and water.
- Gently scrub the grill using a soft brush or sponge. Get into each piece of the grill until it’s thoroughly clean.
- You may use a dry rag or paper towels to wipe it down or just let it air dry a few minutes.
- While waiting, you may vacuum the motor housing through the back vents to remove the dust and dirt that may affect the performance of the fan.
- Once everything is dry, reassemble the fan.
Just like any appliance at home, our cooling units need the utmost care to maintain their performance for long-term use. Proper maintenance is necessary to save money and energy, and simple Fan and Aircon cleaning is all it takes to keep your them humming! 🧐
Prevent the spread of COVID-19 by staying at home. Always cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing. Regularly wash your hands with soap and water, and clean frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs and light switches.
DOH COVID-19 Special Emergency Hotlines: (02) 894-COVID and 1555.