Fans are out so let the cool Aircon in! When looking for a new air conditioner, you’ll have to consider a few factors to make sure it’s the right one. It’s not a complicated process, believe me!
How to find the right air conditioner for your space? First, let’s get to know the different types of air conditioners.
Types of Air Conditioners
Depending on your needs, knowing the type of air conditioner is key to getting your space cooled in no time. Currently, there are four types and they are:
- Window – The most common of all because of its simplicity! Window-type air conditioners are easy to install and can be really affordable.
- Split – If you want a silent air conditioner, go for a Split-type! It’s called split because it comprises of outside and inside units. Installation is not that simple, but it’s worth it!
- Portable – Air conditioners don’t have to be in a fixed place anymore! Portable air conditioners on wheels are already a thing.
- Package – For bigger spaces like offices or commercial areas, package-type air conditioners are the way to go. These things are powerful, but they don’t come cheap and they require professional installation.
After choosing what type of air conditioner fits in the room, we must now determine how powerful it should be. An air conditioner’s cooling capacity is measured in horsepower or simply HP. The bigger the room, the higher the HP should be. Simple, right?
Check out the guide below for the recommended cooling capacity based on a vacant room. We already did the math for you. 😉
Smart Tip! 🤓
When choosing, upgrade your aircon’s capacity one size higher to beat the summer heat! ☀️
Air conditioners are not created equal. The cheaper ones are pretty basic and they get the job done just fine. However, air conditioners are long-term appliances, so it’s best to look into the premium ones.
Here are some of the outstanding features of premium air conditioners:
- Inverter – Air conditioners equipped with an Inverter are the most energy-efficient around. This means lower electricity bills while you keep your room very cool.
- Smart Plug – This makes air conditioners smarter and lets users control the unit via a smartphone app.
- WiFi – The high-end air conditioners come with built-in WiFi which allows it to connect to the internet and talk to other appliances when needed. This will also let users turn it on and set the temperature through voice assistants.
Smart Tip! 🤓
Air conditioners with higher Energy Efficiency Ratio or EER consume less electricity, thus cheaper to operate. The higher EER, the bigger the savings!
Worried about installation? Don’t be! Smile Serve has been Abenson’s exclusive professional service provider for decades and they’ll install your new air conditioner. No matter what type or size, Smile Serve will deliver!
Read more about Smile Serve’s rates here.
❗ COVID-19 Update ❗
Due to the restrictions and limitations of the Community Quarantine, Smile Serve services are limited. Online installation services are available within Metro Manila at the moment. Kindly contact Smile Serve for confirmation at email@example.com.
Prevent the spread of COVID-19 by staying at home. Always cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing. Regularly wash your hands with soap and water, and clean frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs and light switches.
DOH COVID-19 Special Emergency Hotlines: (02) 894-COVID and 1555.